Double Glazing Stockport
If you’re concerned that your house is colder than it should be, then double glazing from Stockport company Malbern Windows could be the answer to all your problems. Put simply, double glazing is just two panes of glass that are separated by a layer of air, as opposed to single glazing where there is just one pane of glass.
Double glazing options
Malbern Windows offers a diverse range of beautifully designed Windows. There are so many specific style of windows available from our selection that suit all types of buildings. We listen to your needs and match a window to your requirements from our vast range and bespoke work undertaken. New windows or replacement windows can help reduce noise, Improve security with window locks as standard, designed to suit period properties, and help insulate – and provide all manner of other benefits.
Reduce your heating bills
Double glazing can do an awful lot to keep the warm air where it belongs – in your house. This means that your property will be insulated far more effectively as soon as you have this type of glazing installed. The knock-on effect of this is that you have fewer draughts to contend with and you’ll also see your heating bills reduced as a result.
Furthermore, it can help to keep noise out so if you live somewhere with a lot of traffic, you’ll notice the sounds from outside a lot less. You’re also sure to notice that you have less condensation on your windows and you’ll also benefit from better security at home, since it’s harder to break double glazing than it is single.
Features of our windows
The following come as standard:
- Full 70mm high impact PVC-U frames with 3mm thick external wall
- All outer frames feature mitred and heat welded corners for complete weatherseal and security
- All frames are designed and manufactured with an integral draining channel
- Transoms and mullions are 'V-notched' and heat welded to form a weather proof crucifix joint
- Full choice of colours available: Standard white, rosewood and golden oak (with a choice of white internals)
- Night vent facility as standard to all opening casement windows
- Internally glazed as standard (glass cannot be removed from outside by intruders)
- Key locking handles as standard in white, gold, silver or black
- Tough stainless steel friction stay hinges secured with stainless steel screws
- Low level sightline co-extrued gaskets (cannot sink over time)
- Trickle ventilation option available
- Fire escape side-open hinges fitted where required with option to "easy-clean"
Figures from The Energy Trust show that if you have double glazing installed, you can save between £75 and £100 each year if you opt for B-rated glass. If you decide to have A-rated glass installed, you can save between £85 and £110 annually. So assuming that your double glazing lasts for a minimum of 20 years, which it certainly should, you’ll save between £1,500 and £2,200 over the course of two decades.
There are several different types of window frame you can choose between. uPVC is a popular choice because its durable, recyclable and highly energy efficient, as well as being cheaper than traditional wooden frames. This type of frame comes in a wide range of finishes and colours, and it’s very easy to keep it clean – perfect for busy homeowners who may not have the time to dedicate to ensuring their window treatments are in excellent condition week in week out. Alternatively, you could opt for wood or aluminium for your frame.
If you’d like to find out more about the benefits of double glazing, get in touch with us here at Malbern Windows. We have years of experience behind us and are perfectly placed to help you achieve the house of your dreams.